Sunday, July 1, 2007

"Free" Cable TV

I split my incoming cable for my cable modem and plugged it into my new TV just to see what I could get. With the old analog TV, all I could get was CBS and G4. To my surprise, the new TV picked up some analog channels but also a whole bunch of digital channels, including some 1080i HD ones and 45 "music" channels. Weeding out duplicates and shopping/Spanish stations, I think I have about 25 channels I can watch.

I don't know if this is actually good news since I'll probably end up spending too much time watching TV again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kind of like when we got free cable and watched "i'm gonna git you sucka" the night before our final for some stupid humanities course. after all these years, i still think we made the right decision.