Monday, October 3, 2005

Brea Mall

I went to the mall after work today because I couldn't think of anywhere else to eat. First I went to the pharmacy to pick up my Cipro prescription for Thailand. My doctor wrote that for me in case I get traveller's diarrhea.

I wandered around the mall for several minutes and ended up at the food court. I always end up eating at the teryaki place; today the food wasn't too good, the rice was too wet and the sauce was too salty. It's always kind of depressing having to eat by yourself, especially at 8pm in a mall food court. I usually end up eating at my desk if I can't find someone at work to eat lunch with. Occasionally I go to China Buffet in Fullerton by myself for lunch; I usually bring a magazine to read while I eat and no one notices me.

After dinner at the mall, I went to both Macy's and Robinsons-May to look for some pots. I've been looking for some saucepan/pots to replace the ones we got for our wedding. I really want to get some All-Clad pots but they're really really expensive. At Robinsons-May, they had some Calphalon stuff on sale. I stood there for awhile debating on whether I wanted a 5 quart chili pot. I'm really picky about pots and knives. It took me about 3 months to pick out and buy (waiting for sale) my 8" Henckel chef's knife; it looks like a murder weapon but cuts real well. Finally I went home without buying anything. I had wanted to cook some porridge but I had no pot but since I ate at the mall, I postponed the purchase.

Wow, that was a pretty boring evening.

1 comment:

closetmusician said...

it's ok, my evenings are not much better. i usually work till 7pm, either grab some pho (w/ a magazine of course), then either head back to work till 11-12pm, or hit the gym, and then head back to work, then i go home and sleep.

on the other hand, those knives look cool, if only they weren't so expensive...