Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back to civilization...

Time Warner cut my cable modem connection Thursday afternoon. I'm still not sure what happened but there was some accounting mix up and my service was disconnected. I think my account got mixed up with the prior tenant even though my name and address was correct. I was actually worried that they cut off my service for downloading too many Korean movies or something. :)

For the past two days, I've been without an Internet connection. I spent about an hour on the phone with two different Time Warner customer service rep Friday night and they got a technician to come out today to hook me back up. To keep me happy, they upgraded my connection from the old Comcast 4Mb to a 10Mb connection at the same price. I checked with 2wire.com and it showed 9.3Mb on the speed meter.

It was kinda weird to be without an Internet connection for 48 hours. I would think of something, go to the computer to look it up, and realize that I have no connection. I was able to check email with my Treo but at ~50kb only. Still, that's much faster than my 1st 1200bps modem.

No comments: