Saturday, April 30, 2005

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

With the release of the movie, Douglas Adam's book is now #13 on Amazon's top selling book list. I've read almost all his books, some even more than once. I also thought that there were only four books in the Hitchhiker's Guide trilogy but I just found out that there is a fifth book titled "Mostly Harmless." I guess I'll need to go and buy that book.

I'm wondering if the book has always sold well or sales spiked because of the movie. It would be interesting to see how all the other books sell since his style of humor has been compared to Monty Python (I agree) which is not for everyone; just ask Shirley about banging coconuts). Right now the 2nd book is #117 on the best seller list.

==========

Hitchhiker's Guide is the #1 movie this weekend with $21.7M in ticket sales.

No comments: