Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Oregon Coast Aquarium

Over this past weekend, I visited my sister in Portland. Part of the trip was spending a few nights in Newport and we went to the Oregon Coast Aquarium.


Cleaning shrimps. I've bought quite a few of these when I had a salt-water fish tank.


Obligatory jellyfish shot. The tank was quite small; nothing compared to the huge tank at the aquarium in Monterey.


Not sure if the fish was resting or dead.


On our way out, I saw a small group of Japanese tourists. The group was mainly teenagers plus a few adult chaperones. Interestingly, most of the kids were wearing Converse All Stars. I didn't know they were "in" in Japan.


We got to the aquarium early so the lines weren't too bad. By the time we left around noon, there was a huge line to buy tickets (quite expensive at $19 for adults). I guess there's not much else to do in Newport.

No comments: