Monday, September 5, 2011

iPad Brick

Sigh... sometimes I really really hate Apple and their closed operating systems. I plugged my iPad into my main computer and it asked permission to update iOS to 4.3.5. I backed everything up (good thing) and clicked okay. I just walked back to the computer and there was an update error. It would be okay if it just ignored the update but instead, I had to restore the iPad to factory original and try to restore my data from the last backup.

I hope this works... I have 50 floors on my Little Tower app/game that I don't want to recreate.

==========

Arg! It didn't work. I have nothing on my iPad. Dang it... what kind of system restore is this? Now I have to manually sync and pray. Can't I even update iOS without bricking my iPad. I cannot describe my level of frustration right now. I'm not buying anything from Apple again... okay, probably just until next week.

This sucks.

==========

Dang it. It's also doing something to my computer. Each time I select an app (manually) to restore, the process starts to eat away at my disk space. I had 4GB+ free before; not it's at 1.5GB. During restore, it goes all the way down to 300MB... I'll bet iTunes will crash my hard drive too.

==========

So I sync'ed Garage Band and a Sudoku app and it seemed to work. Hey, if it works for two apps, maybe I can restore all my 60+ apps. Nope. I spend 10 minutes rearranging the icons on iTunes, hit the [Apply] button, and iTunes crashed. Hard. I think I have to shut down my computer and restart.

This sucks.

No comments: