Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Red California HOV Access Sticker

I received new carpool stickers for my car this week. I was a nit worried since the current stickers (white for EV's) expire at the end of this year, and only cars from 2017 are allowed to renew. I took delivery of my Tesla Model S on 12/17/2016 so I thought I missed by two weeks. Fortunately, DMV was looking at when the original stickers were issued and I didn't get mine until end of January 2017. For awhile i thought I had to sell my car and buy a new EV to get updated stickers.

The new stickers are bright red and there are now four of them instead of three. They want us to stick one on the front bumper of the car. Newer Teslas don't really have a front bumper so I need to figure out where to stick it. Also, I bought a white cars so the ugly white carpool stickers would blend in (they do a bit); the red ones stick out badly on my white car. :(

No comments: