Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Toll Roads

My account with the Toll Road is on credit card autopay. I guess whatever credit card I used expired. Instead of notifying their customers like every other reputable business, the Toll Road decided to suspend my account, charge me a $20 fee, then call me on the phone to tell me to update my account. They have my credit card info on file and could have easily given me a few days notice to update my credit card info. Instead, they do nothing then charge their customers $20 for their neglect. Maybe some asshole in their finance department thought of this to scam $20 from their customers every few years. I wanted to switch to autopay from a bank account but of course, that's not an option. Since all credit cards have an expiration date so unless you go online each month to check whether or not the card expired, chances are you will get hit with the $20 fee again and again.

It would be interesting to see what % of their autopay customers get hit with this bullshit fee. I sent in a dispute since I did not receive notice prior to the fee. That sounds like basic customer service unless you are looking for additional revenue from fees. I don't expect them to give me my $20 back. If not, I am going to cancel my account and pay as you go in the future.

No comments: