Thursday, January 2, 2020

Superyachts

I've been binge watching yacht tour videos on YouTube lately. I like the guy from Aquaholic channel. His tours are concise and he covers all sizes of yachts, from $50M superyachts to $200k small boats. He also shows the crew quarters which most other videos ignore.

I'm not sure why I'm watching these videos. There is no way I can afford a half-decent yacht, where "half-decent" means something >80 feet long. Those yachts cost $5M and probably require a crew of at least 3: captain, engineer, and stewardess. I saw another video that said annual operating costs of a yacht are ~10% of the cost so another $500k/year. Finally, most billionaire only spend ~8 weeks on their boats so for $500k/year, I can go on lots of cruises, staying in suites, and probably spend less money.


€155 million yacht tour

No comments: