Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dude, where's my package?

My sister and Rebecca are planning to visit China in late August. Since there is no Chinese Consulate in Portland, they sent their passports plus some other documents to me via USPS Express Mail. It was sent out yesterday so it should have arrived today. To be safe, I had them sent it to my work address. Well, the web tracking said that they attempted delivery at 9:40am and left a notice. That doesn't make any sense at all. With close to 2,000 employees in Orange County, we're one of the larger employers in Orange County, and have a fully staffed mailroom. I even called the mailroom to check and they said they were there to receive the mail delivery but had nothing for me.

I also called the 800-number for USPS and all they did was repeat what the web tracking site said, and promised to reschedule delivery tomorrow. I hope it's not lost. The mailroom guys also said that USPS package tracking was notoriously inaccurate. I'm definitely sending the passports back using FedEx or UPS. :(

No comments: